September 24, 2012

The Transports Took A Beating, But the Dow Keeps Breathing


A new bear market has not been confirmed in either index as of today (sorry, the graphs are from Friday ... but they still stand).

A curious things has been happening over the past couple of days. While the transports got taken to the woodshed, I fully expected the industrial index to follow suit, but they are stubbornly trading above 13,000. This is amazing. On the next dip, I will be buying a tranche in a broadly diversified US fund - that is, a core holding for the international portion of my portfolio. I haven't decided which one yet, but I am leaning toward a diversified US index that is comprised of companies from all three of the major US indexes (Dow, S&P500 and NASDAQ). 

Until next time (probably later on this week).