April 1, 2017

Bear market likelihood

As of right now, the likelyhood of a full fledged bear market in US equities is minimal.

Manufacturing going forward looks healthy in the US and China, and consumer confidence is high in the US. The Energy sector is also rebounding from a terrible bear market. Overall, there is a big sigh of relief happening across the developed world as fiscal policy and government decisions are increasingly leaning toward economic expansion and deregulation.

What I do expect is some healthy corrections to keep everyone honest. I am 100% long equities, and have been since last year when I restarted the blog. I see no reason to change course now, and dow theory is confirming this idea.

Keep on keeping on is the mantra for now. I am also perfectly fine with putting new money into the stock markets now.