April 25, 2012

Nasdaq 100 morning report

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

This is going to be brief.  With the Fed announcement today, it is a difficult day to day trade.   But I wanted to point out a bullish "Double Bottom" on the Nasdaq 100 on the 30 minute chart with a "Bull Flag" forming after the breakout. 

I have no interest in a bullish pricing pattern in the Nasdaq 100 until there is an intermediate term change in trend.  I'm not going to ignore a bullish pattern, but what a bullish pattern will do for me is keep my "powder dry", or better known as keeping me on the sidelines preserving my capital for opportunities with a "positive expectancy".  A failed bullish pattern will have my attention but until then, it is a sit back a wait approach.  Nothing forces me to trade, and if I sit in cash all day with no trades, that is better than losing money for breaking rules.  My rules are strict.

I mentioned in the prior post on the Nasdaq 100 a bearish flag pattern and what it means, along with the targets being reached.  This same post mentioned how we needed to see what pattern develops next.  That post is here: http://scottpluschau.blogspot.com/2012/04/pattern-of-day-nasdaq-100_23.html

Yesterday's post on the S&P 500 explains the meaning or what is underneath a double bottom pricing pattern and why it is something to pay attention to.  http://scottpluschau.blogspot.com/2012/04/mature-balance-area-on-s-500.html

Well here are the patterns that developed.  Bull Flag flies at half mast.  Double bottom target would bring it to about trendline resistance.

(Click on chart to expand)


Lastly, I know Apple reported earnings, but to tell you the truth I don't care.  I saw a headline and that is it.  What my focus is on is the auction of the Nasdaq 100 futures and not "rationalizing" anything.  So far it is a potential bullish development in the Nasdaq 100, and let's see if things change or progress.  That is all that matters. 

I do my best to tweet out my posts promptly on twitter/ScottPluschau
Consulting? ScottPluschau@gmail.com
Members to Scott's blog are appreciated
Source: http://scottpluschau.blogspot.com/2012/04/nasdaq-100-morning-report.html